Monday, January 25, 2010

THE SIMPLE TRUTH

“Fruit time”, I declared the theme for the day as I handed out blank papers and crayons to my class of 4 year old kids. “Draw any fruit you like best and color it.” Having seen the group settled down, poring over their papers, furiously coloring away, I then proceeded to draw one myself. I always liked to get involved in any activity that is designed for them. It helps me get in touch with my inner child.

I drew a banana, picked up a green crayon from a basket of crayons lying beside me without looking at the color, half lost in thought I began to color the banana.

Halfway through, I paused and let out a groan.

“I should have colored this banana yellow!” I exclaimed.

A 4 year old boy, busy coloring looked at my drawing and then said to me, “its okay ma’am. Just think it is a raw banana.”

Really! Life is that simple isn’t it?

Vidya.S

No comments:

Post a Comment