A box full of crayons is a colorful compilation of stories, articles and reviews, some light, some dark, some sharp, some blunt overall leaving a mark of varying intensity on its readers.
Sunday, July 26, 2026
PARKVIEW MG ROAD
PARKVIEW MG ROAD
Whenever I'm around the MG road area, especially near Axis bank side, I used to just cross the road and get takeaway at the all vegetarian Parkview restaurant located near Trinity Metro station. Usually jeera rice and dal fry etc. Ground floor of this restruarant has a darshini like set up and is usually jam packed. I wasn’t aware that there is a proper AC service hall and sit and dine in restaurant two floors above the ground floor. Once I knew I headed there for lunch. Ambience is lovely with good seating and spacious. This is a very nice place for get togethers. The restaurant has a very large menu from south Indian to north Indian to Chinese and chaats desserts and milkshakes etc.
This review is for two visits.
First visit What I ordered
Masala papad: Good. roasted and a tad salty and comes with a slice of lemon.
Neer dosa: loved this with very tasty coconut chutney and the coconut jaggery sweet which is the actual authentic accompaniment.
Paneer ghee roast: I thought I'd also eat this with neer dosa as it is another good combination, but this one was a total let down. Even as a regular starter, Paneer was bland, hard and chewy and I could hardly finish it.
Chocolate milkshake: Cool, frothy and enjoyed sipping it between meals.
Onion pakodas as takeaway this was very good...I even kept a few in the fridge and heated it the next day with some oil and it was fresh as ever!
Cheese pav bhaji for takeaway. It was filling and just right for dinner.
Second visit What I had:
Single idli vada served with piping hot sambar and chutney. Usual fare.
Masala papad: Too salty yet again. They need to cut down on the salt or maybe the papad is already salty and they are using extra salt mixed in with the masala topping. They need to do something about this.
Cold coffee: Very good
Curd rice takeaway .. you'd think nothing great about this but it was so soft and fresh and tasted great even though I had it for dinner. Rice was sort of mashed up and it was so good. I decided I'm going to get this often as takeaway. I longed for fried potato curry to go with it. Maybe next time.
Onion pakodas takeaway yet again and this was as good as the first visit.
Overall, a pleasant experience. Service is very prompt and efficient. Prices are really pocket friendly for the area. CBD area badly needs a nice restaurant like this for all those liking vegetarian food with a good atmosphere. Go a bit early. It gets packed quite fast.
Would I go again? Yes, would go regularly to try other items on their vast menu. And explore the 2nd floor too
Would I recommend to others? Definitely. Quick snack or a catch up with friends and the metro located close by makes it extremely convenient for a visit.
.
I really wish they had a buffet. It would be great but it is doing great as it is.
Overall Rating: 4/5
Rating for reviews
1-No! No! No!
2-Just about average
3- Good. Can give it a try
4-Great!!
5-Yes! Yes! Yes! And I’ll tell all about it.
Details: 21/24, Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001. Fine dine 11.30 a.m onwards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment