Wednesday, September 21, 2022

DESI MASALA BREAKFAST BUFFET - JAYANAGAR

After receiving dozens of videos offering breakfast buffet for just Rs. 99/- from my various whatsapp groups, I headed to Desi Masala, the place advertised in the video. I must say I love the idea of a breakfast buffet and there are very few places in the city that offer them. I do like the whole idea of a variety of south Indian breakfast options in one place and to eat to my heart’s content. The total cost did amount to Rs.110/- with taxes. It was around 10 a.m. when I went there and surprisingly not at all crowded. This review is only for the popularly advertised breakfast buffet. The place was clean and spruce with good seating and soft lights. On offer were Roti/paratha in triangle pieces, puri, veg curry, masala dose, idli, vada, khara bath, kesari bath, lemon rice two varieties of chutneys, sambar, coffee, tea and juice and a few other items. I made sure I ate a little of everything. This was mostly self service though I did have the most polite waiters asking on and off if I needed anything to be brought to the table. The pluses, apart from the price, were that the chutneys were good, all items tasted good and I did like the vada and dosa (idli could have been better). However, the very concept that I fell in love with was what worked against it too – all the food was placed in trays for customers to help themselves like in a buffet (breakfast buffet after all) and this includes dose’s and puris – and when this happens food gets….COLD! Cold dosas and upma and idli and cold flat puris. That was probably the biggest drawback for items like dosas and puris and most, in fact, need to be served piping hot! So you see while the buffet idea was brilliant, it wasn’t all that hot practically. I feel something needs to be done about this – either a better heating system or live counters for at least dosas and puris. Because very few are going to relish cold breakfast and going by the feedback from others in my social circle who tried this place, they feel the same. For the price, it is worth a try once, only if you are in the area. This is not a place I’d go my way out in notice put up all over the place asking customers not to waste food and if they do, they need to pay Rs. 699/- lovely message for those who pile up their plates mindlessly and then waste food because they are unable to finish. I do hope they up their game and this concept kicks off well in the city. Overall rating: 3/5 One time try only for the breakfast buffet in my opinion. Ratings for reviews 1-No! No! No! 2-Just about average 3- Good. Can give it a try 4-Great!! 5-Yes! Yes! Yes! and I’ll tell all about it. Details: 4th Block Bus Station, 9th Main Road, Jayanagar, Bangalore

No comments:

Post a Comment