Friday, August 19, 2022

CHARLIE CHAPLIN LA VEGANO INDIRANAGAR

Charlie Chaplin La vegano is a relatively new place all vegan near Indiranagar, close to ESI hospital. This is a small all vegan place. After weeks and weeks of pigging out on south Indian tiffin everything spicy and fried, this was a welcome change. The first thing that hit me when I walked in was a sense of calm. No loud music, no crowd, comfy chairs, bright interiors with posters of Charlie Chaplin and his quotes on the table which I can never get tired of reading. Started with Greek Salad: Very colorful with loaded veggies and crumbled feta cheese. I asked for separate dressings. It was light on the stomach. Followed by Peanut butter and banana toast – I never had this combination ever, but been reading about it in novels and longed to taste them and here was the chance. This one was a letdown. The bread was really chewy and not so easy to eat with the peanut butter on it. I would probably skip this. Followed by chocolate milkshake which was….nice. More or less how I make at home. I did get the herb potato burger as takeaway and this made a really delicious evening snack. This is the kind of place which is great to catch up with a friend you want to have a heart to heart with, or for a quick snack by yourself…no waiter hovering around, very quiet and pretty much left alone and very clean. Service is quick and courteous. The manager did ask for feedback for improvement after it was all over. I would have loved soups and sandwiches to be added to the menu. Some of the items they have are wraps, rice bowls, burgers, shakes and juices, pizzas and some desserts on display – all minimal choices and all Vegan. Prices are okay but portion size isn’t much. I mean, I am okay with it because I am not a heavy eater but if you are one of those with large appetites and used to enormous lunches (think buffets and Andhra meals) then this is not the place.. Would I recommend a visit? Definitely. Whenever you are looking for some quiet time off by yourself or with a friend and you are in the area, head over to this place. Would I go back again? Yes to try out some of their other items on the menu or takeaway a quick light snack. Overall rating: 3/5 Ratings for reviews 1-No! No! No! 2-Just about average 3- Good. Can give it a try 4-Great!! 5-Yes! Yes! Yes! and I’ll tell all about it. Details: 10 to 10 pm. 3274/A, Ground Floor, 11th Main Road, Near ESI Hospital, Hal 2nd Stage, Indiranagar, Bangalore

No comments:

Post a Comment