Sunday, April 1, 2018

SALT - FORUM MALL KORAMANGALA




Interrupting the Indiranagar reviews for one about SALT in the Forum mall, Koramangala. I just couldn’t resist it.

Finally, a place I can give a 5/5 rating…what can I say…it was flawless. My friend and I decided on an impulse to go here for lunch after watching a movie at Forum. Despite it being a weekday, it was packed.

This place serves mainly Italian and Indian fusion food and has a rather exhaustive menu. Since I had already pigged out on a burger during the movie, I decided to stick to something light. Besides I’ve always been a starter and desserts person.

We ordered:

Olive Masala paniyaram…this is a meal in itself. Best paniyarams, crisp on the outside, soft and fluffy inside and delicious stuffing served with chutney, salad and sundal. Mouth watering!

SALT’s Dhaba salad – As the description goes, a super salad with watermelon, tomato, cucumber, cheese, peppers, olives, chickpeas, raw mango, masala papad (MASALA PAPAD IN A SALAD!!), and fresh exotic garden leaves in mustard vinaigrette dressing. Who’d think watermelon and chickpeas in the same bowl would taste so good?

Mango cheese cake – Served with a berry sorbet, my friend had this and relished every spoonful.

Filter coffee creme brulee – Heavenly! I’ve rarely come across a dessert that I dream about long after I’ve left the place:)

This place is on the pricey side so make sure the wallet is loaded. Service is efficient. I would have liked more salad options since I can live on it all day. There are just two versions for vegetarians but honestly, I can’t fault anything in this place.

Would I go there again? Most definitely! I’m hoping the experience will be repeated and I can’t wait to try all their other items on the menu.

What I wish: Oh for them to have an outlet in my area – Indiranagar:)

Overall rating: 5/5

Ratings for reviews:

1 – No! No! No!
2- Just about average.
3 –Good. Can give it a try.
4- Great!!
5 – Yes! Yes! Yes! And I’ll tell all about it.

The pictures say it all.

Details:

Address: 2nd Floor, Forum Mall, Koramangala 7th Block, Bangalore
Timings: 12 to 10:45 pm
Contact: 080 49653245


No comments:

Post a Comment