Sunday, June 11, 2017

PULIYOGARE POINT - BASAVANAGUDI



Having tried a variety of cuisines beginning this year – Andhra, Continental, north Indian and ice creams, this month I decided to try out a place that has only south Indian l food and zeroed in on Puliyogare point after the rave reviews on Zomato.
Tiny though it is, I’m glad to have found this place. The first thing I ordered here was naturally the Puliyogare. I love Puliyogare as a dish. This was delicious with lots of peanuts and curry leaves. However, I have rarely had Puliyogare that comes close to the taste that some temples make. This was more like a homemade recipe, but no complaints whatsoever. This is served with a bowl of fresh curd.

I had a plain dosa next which was hot and crispy and the chutney that was served with it was awesome!

I took home Shavige Bath, Ambode and maddur vada to have later. To be honest, I loved the shavige bath over the Puliyogare and wished I had more of it. Even now as I’m typing this I’m craving to have it again. You know a dish is delicious when you think of it in its absence and automatically drool and crave for it! – The Puliyogare did not have this impact:)

Ambode was very spicy and my mom liked the maddur vada.

Seating arrangements aren’t much to speak of, just a handful of chairs and tables. From what I observed, this dint stop people from streaming in and heartily tucking away plate after plate the various other dishes on their menu. I had to stand and eat, darshini style. Service is quick minus smiles.

Prices and portions are just right! It’s enough to fill you up without leaving a hole in your wallet.

I want to try their Thatte Idly and Sakkara Pongal the next time I go there and yep, there is going to be a next time.

Overall Rating: 4/5

Ratings for reviews:

1 – No! No! No!
2- Just about average.
3 –Good. Can give it a try.
4- Great!!
5 – Yes! Yes! Yes! And I’ll tell all about it.

Details:

Address: 81, East Anjaneya Street, NR Colony, Basavanagudi, Bangalore
Phone numbers: 080 41692243, +91 9986953484
Timings: 7 AM to 10 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment