Tuesday, May 9, 2017

PARATHA PLAZA, INDIRANAGAR




Recently a friend of mine sent me pictures of some mouth watering homemade aloo parathas and I found myself craving to try them too. So for this month’s review I decided to have parathas at Paratha Plaza. I heard a lot about this place and as I stay close by, in Indiranagar, I thought I’d give this place a try.

I have tasted parathas from different outlets but I have no idea what an “authentic” paratha tastes like so I wouldn’t know a good paratha from a bad paratha but what I had here, I loved it. I totally enjoyed the quirky names of the parathas…like your pleasure my pleasure and stop liking me (???!!;)

I visited this place with my friend and we met at 12.30 p.m. In half an hour’s time the place was full so it is best to be there a bit early. This place is fine for a quick bite not the kind to linger on and chat. It’s a small place but quite comfortable. The names on the menu got my friend and I laughing and that was a good start to a meal.

I had Laila Majnu – Gobhi + Aloo + Spices

Being a huge drooler for both gobhi and aloo, I enjoyed hungrily tucking into my favorite combination. Hot, fresh and visually appealing and very, very appetizing.

My friend had Forget me not – Paneer + Gobhi + Carrot + Onion + Capsicum

Taste wise, we couldn’t find much difference between the Laila Majnu and the Forget me not except for the names:)

And we both shared – Karram Kurram - Papad + Onion + Spices

I expected this to be crispy but honestly all three tasted almost the same. The plus side was that all three were delicious. I liked that it was non greasy, filling but not in the heavy way that some meals are.

All parathas are accompanied with pickle, curd and awesome mint chutney. While this in itself is enough for a meal, they do have curries too and we ordered paneer burji. My friend and I totally loved it. The curry portion was quite a lot and we had to get it packed to have for later. Prices are reasonable.

Service is prompt, but could do with a lot of improvement. While I appreciate staff not breathing down my neck and watching my every chew, service at this place is the other extreme. No smile, no friendly word, quite don’t carish. Luckily for them, the tasty food and clean ambience made up for it and no wonder that this place gets filled up fast.

Would I go again – Definitely. I want to try the other items on the menu, more of their curries and lassi.

Would I recommend it to others – Yes, worth going at least once when in the mood for wholesome parathas.

Rating – 4/5 – this is only for the food and the prices.

Ratings for reviews:

1 – No! No! No!
2- Just about average.
3 –Good. Can give it a try.
4- Great!!
5 – Yes! Yes! Yes! And I’ll tell all about it.

Details
Address: 373, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore.
Contact: +91 9740258348
Timings: 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM, 6:30 PM to 11 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment